Mother’s Day Messages, Wishes & Quote Ideas
Mother’s Day is an occasion that celebrates all moms—mommy dearest, your mother-in-law, wife, grandma, and even friends who are new moms or moms-to-be! Perhaps you have the Mother’s Day staycation surprise sorted, or a home-cooked meal up your sleeve, or even a lovely flower bunch & customised gift box surprise planned for that day, but you’re clueless as to what message to convey alongside your gift.
You want to wish your mom, wife, or friends a Happy Mother’s Day, but you just don’t know what to say… don’t worry, we’ve all been there. Wrecking our brains to write the perfect message, and no matter what words we pen down, we can’t help but wonder ‘Is this too much?’ ‘Will she get it?’ ‘Does this convey that I love and care for her?’.
If you’ve already got your Mother’s Day flowers & gifts sorted, let us help you with the next step—speaking your love, gratitude, and admiration for her!
How to Write a Heartfelt Message for Mother’s Day
If you’re not sure of how to start expressing your true feelings, here are some tips we’ve gathered on how to write a heartfelt message for Mother’s Day.
1. Consider your recipient
How long has it been since you last spoke to or visited your recipient? Whether it is your mom, mother-in-law, friend, aunt, or grandmother, place your focus on your relationship with them, and how you often communicate together. What are your thoughts and wishes for them this Mother’s Day? How do you wish the day would be like for them?
2. Start with a draft
Don’t worry about how the message will turn out just yet, start with a draft so that you can pour your heart out, and express your feelings freely. This way, you can focus on what you really mean, without having to worry so much about how you will sound to others. Once you are fully confident about what you would like to convey, and once you’ve got your thoughts all sorted out, it is time to start writing the actual message.
3. Put your heart into it
If you would like them to receive a message that’s more heartfelt and sincere, put your emotions into your writing. How do they make you feel? What impact have they had on your life so far? What emotions would you like them to have once they’ve read your message? Factor these feelings into your greeting so that your sincere intentions are more accurately expressed.
4. Make it personal
In your message, draw from past memories that you’ve shared together, inside jokes, or perhaps a recent happening that they’ve shared with you. This not only makes the Mother’s Day message more personal between the two of you, it also shows how much you care about your relationship with them as well.
5. Sign off
At the end of your message, remember to sign off so that they know who the gift or the message is from. Keep it straightforward, or add a fun twist to it, it’s entirely up to you!
Mother’s Day Messages, Wishes, and Quote Examples
If you need more Mother’s Day greeting inspiration, we’ve come up with a list of the most genuinely heart-warming messages to send to your mom and more. Ranging from funny and relatable movie quotes for Mother’s Day, to recognisable song lyrics and personally written messages, browse our Mother’s Day message examples below to get started on your thoughtful greeting.
Heartwarming Mother’s Day Wishes for Your Mom/Mother-In-Law
- You are the reason I’ve learned to always believe in myself and give 110 percent, because I grew up watching you do it every day.
- As you guided me through these incredible eighteen years, I don’t know if you ever realised that the person I most wanted to be was you! — Gilmore Girls
- Thank you for putting up with my endless nonsense and shenanigans, and loving me in spite of it all!
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. — Abraham Lincoln
- Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together. — Susan Gale
- Dear Mom, to the world you are a mother, but to me you are the world!
- Who needs a superhero when I have you?
- You’ve given me everything that I will need to make it through this crazy thing called life. — Carrie Underwood
- The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom. — Sandra Vischer
- No daughter and mother ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them. — Christie Watson
Beloved Mother’s Day Messages for Your Wife
- You guide our family with wisdom and comfort us with your love. Thank you for giving our children both roots and wings!
- Thank you for loving our family so well, for your patience all these years, for your steady hope and quiet strength.
- To the world, you are a mother. To our family, you are the world!
- You are the queen of my heart and also the queen of our home. I love you with all my heart and I wish you the best this Mother’s Day!
- You’re dependable, wonderful, and full of kindness. You’re my wife, the mother of our children, and one of my best friends. Because of you my life is filled with smiles, beautiful moments, and true love. Happy Mother’s Day!
Inspirational Mother’s Day Quotes & Greetings for New Moms
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” —Linda Wooten
- Cheers to the woman who gave up wine for nine months!
- Mother: A title just above queen.
- There will be so many times you feel like you failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child you are super mom. — Stephanie Precourt
- She’s not like a regular mom, she’s a cool mom! — Mean Girls Reference
Endearing Mother’s Day Wishes for Your Grandma
- A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.
- Everything I am, you helped me to be.
- It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother—that’s why the world calls her grandmother.
- There’s no place like home except Grandma’s.
- Thank you for not telling my cousins that I’m your favourite!
Sweet Mother’s Day Greetings for Your Aunts
- Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend.
- An aunt is someone special to remember with warmth, think of with pride, and cherish with love.
- Aunt: like a mom only cooler.
- Aunt ― a double blessing. You love like a parent and act like a friend.
- To the world you are an aunt, but to me you are the world!
Mother’s Day Messages for Moms from Afar
Are you celebrating Mother’s Day this year from afar? Perhaps you are overseas and can’t visit in time, or you won’t be seeing Mom in-person on that day itself. Don’t worry! The distance does not mean that you can’t convey your heartfelt love and care to her this Mother’s Day. Here are some Mother’s Day message ideas if you’re celebrating the occasion across the globe, or from afar.
- I may not be there in person this year, but I’m thinking of you from afar! Wishing I could be there to celebrate Mother’s Day with you today.
- I miss you Mom, especially on a day like today! Wishing you a happy Mother’s Day, and I’ll see you very soon.
- Happy Mother’s Day! Wishing I could be right there, spending the day next to you.
- Cheers from across the globe, Mom! Happy Mother’s Day, thank you for being the most phenomenal Mom I can ask her.
- We may not get to celebrate Mother’s Day together this year, but our love for each other knows no distance! Thinking of you always.
- Near or far, I am always thankful to have a wonderful mom like you!
- Have the most fantastic Mother’s Day today! Can’t wait till the next time I come visit you.
Need more help to make this Mother’s Day the most memorable one yet?
Click here for our gift guide on all things Mother’s Day. From Mother’s Day flowers delivery, to customisable gift boxes just for her, we’ve got thoughtful gifts for all moms out there. Enjoy free delivery across Singapore with any order.