Father’s Day Messages, Wishes & Quote Ideas
Tips on what to write on your Father’s Day card, and a list of meaningful wishes and quotes to get you inspired.
Father’s Day is that special Sunday in June where we celebrate all things dad-related! There are many ways to be a father—whether they are a new father-to-be or a long-time dad, your grandfather, or your work mentor, what makes a dad boils down to the loving, caring, and supportive role they play in your life. Perhaps you have the perfect stay-home Father’s Day celebration idea planned, alongside a thoughtfully customised gift box for him that day, but you’re clueless as to what Father’s Day message to convey alongside your surprise.
You want to wish your dad, husband, or friends a Happy Father’s Day, but you just don’t know what to say on your Father’s Day card… don’t worry, we’ve all been there! No need to wreck your brains over crafting the perfect message any longer, we’re here to help you get started on writing a thoughtful Father’s Day message, with heartwarming and funny quotes and message ideas.
Once you’ve got your Father’s Day gifts picked out, let us help you with the next step—conveying your love, gratitude, and admiration for him!
How to Write a Heartfelt Message for Father’s Day
If you’re not sure of how to start expressing your true feelings, here are some tips we’ve gathered on how to write a heartfelt message for Father’s Day.
1. Consider your recipient
How long has it been since you last spoke to or visited your recipient? Whether it is your dad, husband, brother, or friend, place your focus on your relationship with them, and how you often communicate together. What are your thoughts and wishes for them this Father’s Day? How do you wish the day would be like for them?
2. Start with a draft
Don’t worry about how the message will turn out just yet, start with a draft so that you can pour your heart out, and express your feelings freely. This way, you can focus on what you really mean, without having to worry so much about how you will sound to others. Once you are fully confident about what you would like to convey, and once you’ve got your thoughts all sorted out, it is time to start writing the actual Father’s Day message.
3. Put your heart into it
If you would like them to receive a message that’s more heartfelt and sincere, put your emotions into your writing. How do they make you feel? What impact have they had on your life so far? What emotions would you like them to have once they’ve read your message? Factor these feelings into your Father’s Day greeting so that your sincere intentions are more accurately expressed.
4. Make it personal
In your message, draw from past memories that you’ve shared together, inside jokes, or perhaps a recent happening that they’ve shared with you. This not only makes the Father’s Day message more personal between the two of you, it also shows how much you care about your bond and relationship with them as well.
5. Sign off
At the end of your message, remember to sign off so that they know who the gift or the message is from. Keep it straightforward, or add a fun twist to it, it’s entirely up to you!
Father’s Day Messages, Wishes, and Quote Examples
If you need more Father’s Day greeting inspiration, we’ve come up with a list of examples of the most genuinely heart-warming messages to send to fathers. Ranging from funny messages and relatable quotes for Father’s Day, to personally written messages, browse our Father’s Day message examples below to get started on your thoughtful greeting.
Heartwarming Father’s Day Wishes for Your Father/Father-In-Law
- You’ll always be my number one choice when I have a question about something or when I need support and good advice. Thank you for always being there for me!
- You’ve taught me so much without saying a word, but simply by the way you treat others. Thank you for being the most amazing role model to our family, Dad!
- Thank you for the constant love and support, and for always keeping it real. Thank you for being you!
- Today is all about you, Dad! Enjoy, because tomorrow it’s back to the rest of us.
- I truly count myself lucky to have a Dad like you, Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day, with love from your favourite kid! (Don’t worry—I won’t tell [include sibling names])
- Thank you for being there for me every day, you’re the best Dad I can ask for!
- Sending all my love and appreciation to you on Father’s Day. It’s the least I can do considering all the grey hairs I’ve caused you!
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” —Unknown
- “When you need real understanding, when you need someone to care, when you need someone to guide you … A father’s always there.” —Thomas J. Langley
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: he believed in me.” —Jim Valvano
Loving Father’s Day Messages for Your Husband
- You guide our family with wisdom and comfort us with your love. Thank you for giving our children both roots and wings!
- I count myself extremely lucky to be sharing life, love and parenthood with a wonderful man like you.
- Thank you for loving our family so well, for your patience all these years, for your steady hope and quiet strength.
- Thank you for always going above and beyond every day for our family. The kids and I are so lucky to have you.
- To the world, you are a father. To our family, you are the world!
- We deeply admire the good man and wonderful father you are, thank you for all that you do!
- Our kids think of you as a hero, and they are absolutely right!
- Thank you for being our superhero, and the best role model to [include kids’ names]. We love you!
- Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, and the love of my life!
- “The only thing better than having you for a husband is our children having you for a daddy.” —Unknown
- “I always thought you’d make a great dad. Now, I know it. Happy Father’s Day to an amazing husband.” —Unknown
Inspirational Father’s Day Quotes & Greetings for New Fathers
- Your little one is going to be so lucky to have you!
- Happy Dad-to-Be Day! You’re going to make a great dad.
- Your baby will be here before you know it! Wishing you the first of many memorable Father’s Days!
- Your baby boy/girl is so lucky to have you as her dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers and singers of song.” —Unknown
Endearing Father’s Day Wishes for Your Grandfather
- A grandfather is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.
- Everything I am, you helped me to be.
- Thank you for not telling my cousins that I’m your favourite!
- No matter how much time goes by, I treasure all the memories I have with you, and I look forward to making many more together!
- Thank you for teaching me to [include personal experiences here], I love you Grandpa!
- You’ve always told the best stories growing up, and the funniest jokes. I’ll always be your number one fan!
- When I grow older, I hope I can create as many good memories for my grandchildren as you have given me.
- You give our family strength, thank you for being the kind and supportive man that you are!
- “Grandpas bring a little wisdom, happiness, warmth and love to every life they touch.” —Unknown
- “A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.” —Unknown
Sweet Father’s Day Greetings for Your Mentors/Teachers
- You’re a double blessing to me, because you love like a parent and act like a friend!
- Because of you, I’ve come to love and appreciate [include what you did together]. Thank you for being the best guiding teacher!
- You’ve been a constant pillar of support in my life, which is why I’m thinking of you today. Happy Father’s Day!
- Sending love and thanks to the amazing man I’ll always look up to. Happy Father’s Day!
- Just wanted to send my love and thanks to you this Father’s Day. Thank you for being such a caring and positive influence in my life. I’m grateful for you!
- I don’t know where I’d be today without your endless wisdom and guidance. Happy Father’s Day!
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” —Unknown
Father’s Day Messages for Dads from Afar
Are you celebrating Father’s Day this year from afar? Perhaps you are overseas and can’t visit in time, or you won’t be seeing Dad in-person on that day itself. Don’t worry! The distance does not mean that you can’t convey your heartfelt love and care to him this Father’s Day. Here are some Father’s Day message ideas if you’re celebrating the occasion across the globe, or from afar.
- I may not be there in person this year, but I’m thinking of you from afar! Wishing I could be there to celebrate Father’s Day with you today.
- Near or far, I’m always thankful for the great dad that you are.
- Sending love and thanks across the globe to the best dad ever.
- I miss you Dad, especially on a day like today! Wishing you a happy Father’s Day, and I’ll see you very soon.
- Thinking of all of the fun Father’s Days we’ve had, and wishing I could be there to enjoy this one with you!
- Happy Father’s Day! Wishing I could be right there, spending the day next to you.
- Cheers dad! I’m having a pint of beer across the globe in honour of you today!
- Near or far, I am always thankful to have a wonderful Dad like you!
- Have the most fantastic Father’s Day today! Can’t wait till the next time I come visit you.
- Whether I was living under your roof, or in your heart, you’ve loved me just the same. Thank you for being the best Dad I can ask for!
Need more help to make this Father’s Day the most memorable one yet?
Click here for our gift guide for Father’s Day. From readily curated gifts, to customisable gift boxes just for him, we’ve got thoughtful gifts for all Dads out there. Enjoy free delivery across Singapore with any order.